Galvanized steel Coil/Sheet (GI) is produced by passing the Full Hard sheet which has undergone the acid washing process and rolling process through the zinc pot, thereby applying zinc film to the surface. It has excellent corrosion resistance, paintability, and workability due to Zinc’s characteristic.
Hot-dip galvanizing is the process of applying a protective zinc coating to steel or iron, to prevent rusting.
- Excellent anti-corrosion, paintability, and processability due to the self-sacrificing characterisiticof zinc.
- Available to select and produce the desired amount of zinc gilded and in particula enables thick zinc layers(maximum 600g/m2).
- Classified as either zero spangle or extra smooth depending on wheteher the sheet undergoes skin pass treatment.
Galvanized Steel Coils
|Product name||Galvanized Steel Coil|
|Surface Structure||Mini/Big Spangle|
|Surface Treatment||Anti-Finger printing ,Chromated, oiled/ non-oiled|
|Package||standard export package (Detailed picture is as follows)|
|Hardness||soft (normal), hard, full hard(G300-G550)|
|Surface Structure||Mini Spangle||Big Spangle|
|Weight of zinc coating||Zinc > 20g/sm||Zinc > 30g/sm|
The manufacturing of galvanized steel coil&sheet with good weather resistance, primarily used in construction.
Galvanized steel coils production process:
- Entry Looper
- Annealing Furnace
- Zinc Pot
- Cooling Tower
- Water Quench Tank
- Skin Pass
- Tension Leveler
- Passivation Coater
- Exit Looper
Galvanized Steel Coils Coating Layer
- Anti-Finger printing ,Chromated, Oiled/ non-oiled
- Zn Plating Layer (20-120g/sm)
- Cold Rolled Steel Sheet
- Each bare coil to be securely tied with two bands through the eye of coil (or not) and one circumferential.
- the contact points of these bands on the coil edge to be protect with edge protectors.
- Coil then to be properly wrapped with water proof /resistant paper, it then to be properly and completely metal wrapped.
- Wooden and iron pallet can be used or as your requirements.
- And each packed coil to be properly wrapped with band, three-six such band through the eye of coil at about equal distance.
What is Galvanized Steel
Galvanized Sheet is carbon steel sheet coated with zinc on two sides by a continuous hot-dip process. This method tightly adheres the coating to the steel with an iron-zinc alloy bonding layer formed by a diffusion process while the heated steel strip is in contact with the molten zinc. One of the drawbacks of Galvanized is that if the Zinc coating is scratched off the steel, the Steel is left unprotected, and is subject to failure.
Galvanized Steel Coils Prices
The prices of galvanized steel coils depend on zinc thickness, steel coil thickness, packing method. If you want to buy cheap galvanized steel coils, please choose 20 grams of zinc coating/㎡, steel coil of 0.8mm thickness and simple packaging. please visit Color Coated Steel Coil Price: Factors Affecting.